1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- is it a problem of bad oil or not enough in an auto gear box? or something else?
- Oil keep getting in my coolant...
- Gas blowing back when I fill tank. Not the vent
- Horn blowes all the time switch is good could it be a relay if so where is it
- Horn blows all the time switch is working right is there a relay need help
1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The bushings for the shifter lever wear out to the point where they break and fall out. This causes excessive movement (loose feel) in the shifter lever and a clanging-type noise when changing gears.
1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
had a oil changed in the automatic gear box. reverses ok when cold but as soon as the car is warmed up, it won't reversed when I accelerate.no problem in putting into R gear though.
I have replaced the radiator and had flushed twice but the same result. The car is not overheating, there is no white smoke coming from tail pipe and my engine oil dip stick is clean. I have been told its not the trans cooler. The last mechanic said it might be coming from the timing cover and wi...
Coolant light intermittently comes on, added more coolant and water and drove for about 3 months when light came on again. Refilled but this time I notice slow water leakage. Car wouldn't start next day then started a few days later. Notice water leaks only after car is driven. Stopped drivin...