1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Gas blowing back when I fill tank. Not the vent
- Horn blowes all the time switch is good could it be a relay if so where is it
- Horn blows all the time switch is working right is there a relay need help
- Transmission Shift pattern -slips going into third gear, but first to second ok.
- Leaks water drops near front of vehicle. Does not overheat.
1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
1994 Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
Coolant light intermittently comes on, added more coolant and water and drove for about 3 months when light came on again. Refilled but this time I notice slow water leakage. Car wouldn't start next day then started a few days later. Notice water leaks only after car is driven. Stopped drivin...
Blower motor was making a whistling noise and it has stopped working. Mechanic said I need to replace both the motor and the resister. He was able to by pass something and make the blower works and blow low heat. Why would I need a new blower if its still blower air? I can understand replacing th...
the horn blows when i squeeze the stering wheel. the lights come on if I dont line the light switch up just right.