1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- I need instructions how to replace my clutch, how to get old one loose and out
- What causes all gauges in my car dash to go off and on
- when i turn my heat on i hear a noise but dosent work. other issues also
- Should I replace my AC compressor or check something else first.
- The car/fan belt (only 1 belt) keeps coming off. Why?
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The bushings for the shifter lever wear out to the point where they break and fall out. This causes excessive movement (loose feel) in the shifter lever and a clanging-type noise when changing gears.
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
I have a new compressor ready to go in, but I was curious to see if it was something more simple wrong before I install it. The system is completely charged but the AC clutch will not engage. I put a gauge on the low pressure side and it pegged the needle past the red zone side. Could it be a bad...
Catalyst, egr and 2nd air are the 3 test the computers not performing, on a 1996 there can only be 2. Ive tried the drive cycle a couple times but its still not passing.i need to smog vehicle. What can I do?
I have a leak somewhere at the back of the motor it runs down the side of the bellhousing it's coolant but I can't see where it's from.
Does anyone know how to fix it or how much it costs? Thanks
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Reviews
My gas gage is not registering,it goes up and down even if the tank is full of gas. What is causing this problem.
Great car !