1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Why does my car all of a sudden only lock from trunk?
- speedometer cluster not working. More or less what is an estimate to repair this problem since I am buying car
- speedometer and dashboard board instruments not working
- my 1996 c220 wont pass smog its not the emissions? what can it be?
- I need instructions how to replace my clutch, how to get old one loose and out
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The bushings for the shifter lever wear out to the point where they break and fall out. This causes excessive movement (loose feel) in the shifter lever and a clanging-type noise when changing gears.
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
speedometer cluster not working
took it to a special shop for diagnosis he made it worse seven codes jumped up he said sorry cant fix your car.He literally threw me out.
Sometimes when I start the car all the instructment cluster work and then they will just stop working
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Reviews
My gas gage is not registering,it goes up and down even if the tank is full of gas. What is causing this problem.
Great car !