Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Blend Doors in HVAC May Stop Working Due to Bad Vacuum Actuators
- What causes the directional switch to not work, & turn off the ext temp display?
- To start the starter turns over quickly about 20 times before it fires
- I have a 1990 TE300 and once it is warm it has a problem shifting to top (4th)
- Fuel Pump relay MAS type failing....??
- car stopped running on the highway like it was out of gas but there is gas in it
Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
It seems like it isn't going to start then when I put my foot down on the throttle it eventually fires. Mostly happens when it is warm.
This problem happens once it is warm
Recently changed fuel pump, plugs, wires, distributor cap and checked coil resistance: .8 ohms primary
8,300 ohms secondary cold. Seems ok.
Any suggestions where to go from here ??
Mercedes-Benz 300TE Reviews
Awesome car! These cars were so over-engineered and built as to almost never wear out. We drive "Betty" all over the Big Island with no worries about break-downs, etc. If you think getting your oil/filter changed is a service, you're heading for trouble, no matter what you drive. I service the car well, near-new tires, belts, hoses, etc. replaced on a regular basis. Use only Premium fuel...
Over all the car is very well made mine has 270,000 miles normal maint is required.
love the car but always seem to need something. Best family car EVER