1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
Odometer/trip counter has stopped, speedo works.
Recently changed fuel pump, plugs, wires, distributor cap and checked coil resistance: .8 ohms primary
8,300 ohms secondary cold. Seems ok.
Any suggestions where to go from here ??
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Reviews
Awesome car! These cars were so over-engineered and built as to almost never wear out. We drive "Betty" all over the Big Island with no worries about break-downs, etc. If you think getting your oil/filter changed is a service, you're heading for trouble, no matter what you drive. I service the car well, near-new tires, belts, hoses, etc. replaced on a regular basis. Use only Premium fuel...