1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
I checked the doors but there was no sticker on either of them....
I did manage to find the curb weight, but cannot find the gross weights anywhere??
oil in the coolant. Do they make a teflon gasket for this mercedes? And does this year car always have gasket problems? Thank you
car was fine it has not beenmoved for over 8 mos however always start to keep flow of lubrication thruout. now after 15 minutes or so it will over heat up to 210 deegres and lot of bubbling n reserve container hear noise from belt like broken or damaged bearing but no leak from wate pump. also re...