1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
oil in the coolant. Do they make a teflon gasket for this mercedes? And does this year car always have gasket problems? Thank you
car was fine it has not beenmoved for over 8 mos however always start to keep flow of lubrication thruout. now after 15 minutes or so it will over heat up to 210 deegres and lot of bubbling n reserve container hear noise from belt like broken or damaged bearing but no leak from wate pump. also re...