1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Blend Doors in HVAC May Stop Working Due to Bad Vacuum Actuators
- What does the "T" in mercedes benz 300TE stand for?
- To start the starter turns over quickly about 20 times before it fires
- I have a 1990 TE300 and once it is warm it has a problem shifting to top (4th)
- car stopped running on the highway like it was out of gas but there is gas in it
- My 300TE wagon won't raise the rear. What can be the problem pump, or hydraulic.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
It seems like it isn't going to start then when I put my foot down on the throttle it eventually fires. Mostly happens when it is warm.
This problem happens once it is warm
I know it's a wagon and is part of the "E" series, but what's the T for?
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Reviews
love the car but always seem to need something. Best family car EVER
I have purchased a 1990 300TE. Bodywork fab, general condition is awesome throughout. Some slight problems with the transmission, but nothing that a transmission oil change and check on vacuum pipes won't cure. All in all fantastic! My car has completed 217,000 miles so far. good for another 200,000 with good care.
It's a Benz. Like no other car. The only problem i had is the premature suspension failure (at 168K miles) Replacement parts are rather costly, and so is the expert service. It is NOT a car to take to Pep Boys.