1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Part that attaches distributor rotor to camshaft may break
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- I have a 1990 TE300 and once it is warm it has a problem shifting to top (4th)
- To start the starter turns over quickly about 20 times before it fires
- car stopped running on the highway like it was out of gas but there is gas in it
- What does the "T" in mercedes benz 300TE stand for?
- My 300TE wagon won't raise the rear. What can be the problem pump, or hydraulic.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
The sunroof may not work correctly due to failed components as a result of age and wear. Repairing a sunroof can be labor intensive and very costly.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Questions
It seems like it isn't going to start then when I put my foot down on the throttle it eventually fires. Mostly happens when it is warm.
This problem happens once it is warm
I know it's a wagon and is part of the "E" series, but what's the T for?
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Reviews
love the car but always seem to need something. Best family car EVER
I have purchased a 1990 300TE. Bodywork fab, general condition is awesome throughout. Some slight problems with the transmission, but nothing that a transmission oil change and check on vacuum pipes won't cure. All in all fantastic! My car has completed 217,000 miles so far. good for another 200,000 with good care.
It's a Benz. Like no other car. The only problem i had is the premature suspension failure (at 168K miles) Replacement parts are rather costly, and so is the expert service. It is NOT a car to take to Pep Boys.