BMW 740i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 740i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 740i Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
BMW 740i Questions
Still shakes. They say I need new tires?
My car is only going about 5 miles an hour when i push the pedal to the floor.
BMW 740i Recalls
On vehicles equipped with an 8 or 12 cylinder turbocharged engine, the circuit board for the electric water pump may overheat. This could lead to smoldering of the pump and/or an electrical fire in the engine compartment. Dealers will replace the auxiliary water pump to correct this concern.
BMW 740i Reviews
Whenever i start my car its vibrating and i can smell patrol inside and out of the car..and also my tape is heating up and ac is not cooling..(ac gas is full) can anybody tell because of what its happening? am worried about my car...
Looking for some help. I have a 1998 740i. The soft close mechanism for the trunk has stopped working. The switch to open the trunk located inside the car on the driver's side will not work. The trunk button on the key will not open the trunk. The trunk will open by using the key in the trunk lock will open it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Having owned a 1982 318i, I knew what a quality car the BMW was. I traded a 1999 Lincoln Town Car with 170,000 miles in on my 2001 740i sport. This car had almost 100,000 miles on it and looks, drives and runs like new. In 10,000 miles I have spend about $150 in parts which includes front brake pads, sensor, check valve, vacuum hose, oil change, air filter and two used coils. I thought part...