2000 BMW 740i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 BMW 740i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 BMW 740i Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
2000 BMW 740i Questions
The speedometer doesn't work.
Very noticeable at low speeds and when getting out of car
i have the engine light on...service engine soon
2000 BMW 740i Recalls
The brake light switch may fail and stick in the "brake lamps on" or "brake lamps off" position. Inaccurate illumination of brake lights could lead to an accident. Dealers will inspect and replace the brake lamp switch with a new improved part.
2000 BMW 740i Reviews
I have owned my '00 740i with sport package since '01. The car is my second vehicle and I average about 7K miles per year. For a big, heavy luxury sedan the vehicle handles superbly and accelerates well. I have had several sets of VR rated tires and finally found a set that lasted more than 15K miles (Kuhmo ASX tires). I have had to replace several things on the car that seem inherent to th...
I have this car it drives well, the problem I have now, is the collent is laking but the tank is not demage. But they told me that I will have to pay $700,00 to repaire it