2001 BMW 740i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW 740i
- My truck unlock buttons are no longer working. I suspect a short. where to look
- 60k miles and 3 days ago develop high speed shake.Changed upper control arms,
- how much should I spend getting a battery module checked?
- The interior is falling apart in my car. What can I do to fix it on my own?
- 160much should a shaft propellor repair or replacement, and oil leak cost?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 BMW 740i Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
2001 BMW 740i Questions
Still shakes. They say I need new tires?
runs hot quickly
2001 BMW 740i Recalls
2001 BMW 740i Reviews
Having owned a 1982 318i, I knew what a quality car the BMW was. I traded a 1999 Lincoln Town Car with 170,000 miles in on my 2001 740i sport. This car had almost 100,000 miles on it and looks, drives and runs like new. In 10,000 miles I have spend about $150 in parts which includes front brake pads, sensor, check valve, vacuum hose, oil change, air filter and two used coils. I thought part...
Had a 740iL before this and put on 180K miles. Maintained it and it ran good but was a little tired looking inside due to kids and dog. Got an 01 740i and have 80K miles. You will pay premium prices for repairs, but it's worth it. Don't buy the car if you need an economy car; this is not it. If you whine over costly maintanance, don't buy it; it costs. I recently paid about $4000 for susp...
2001 BMW 740i Sports This car drives and handles very well, no problems at all, like it was still new, All electrical components works and the interior is still in immaculate condition, the body is in excellent condition and the engine and transmission are still going strong. still the best car I have ever owned and I have owned over 25 cars to date.