1997 BMW 740i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 BMW 740i
- How much should it cost me to have the Throttle Position Sensor Installed
- I believe my accelerator cable broke on my car I do i fix it?
- I have a 1997 740I it has no model identifier on the trunk lid does any one know
- when i park my car the engine oil leaks
- Front Wheel Alignment, Just drivers needs to be aligned
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 BMW 740i Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
1997 BMW 740i Questions
My car is only going about 5 miles an hour when i push the pedal to the floor.
what does this mean