Saturn SL1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Saturn SL1
- I have a 2001 Saturn SL1 it idles high and when stopped with either heater or ai
- How long a timing chain will last before needs to be replace?
- high idle (2000 rpm) all the time
- Why is my car idling high then low then stalls?
- I was in a accident hit in the passenger rear quarter panel. The car ran fine and got us where we are staying. We are full time RVers. The next day I went to start it and the engine turn but it won't start. Is there any type of kill switch that prevent th
Saturn SL1 Problems
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
Saturn SL1 Questions
Car running hot fan not coming on what could it be?
The cable behind the dash broke which causes my air conditioner to only blow through the front vent. I cannot change it to defrost or to my feet. Does anybody know what that cable is called so I can get a replacement? I got it checked out and the repairman said it was the cable, but didn't te...
Check engine light on got a PO410 code what's wrong g
Saturn SL1 Recalls
The front seat back may fall backwards partially due to a worn gear in the recliner mechanism. Dealers will replace the front seat recliner mechanisms free of charge to resolve the problem.
Saturn SL1 Reviews
I bought my 1999 Saturn SL1 used in September 2001. It had 31,000 miles on it at the time. Today (June 2011), my Saturn has over 218,000 miles on it and it still runs as if it was new. It still has about 80 percent of its original parts intact, and I've never had a major mechanical problem with it. Of course, over the course of its 12-year lifespan, it's had its usual parts replacements (brakes...
I love the gas milage
Been driving this car for 7 years, never had a problem or reair that was not a maint. repair. Bought because knew 3 other people with this car, none of them had ever had a problem either. Great on gas, not a lux or sport car, not built for speed or to be impressive, just to look decent, drive well, get good mileage and remain a trouble free car - mine and those I know have between us 100 - 300 ...