Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK320
- Engine will not even turn, radiator fan runs, just replaced battery.
- I have a "start error" message. Car won't crank, tried spare key without success
- dash panel lights blink,coolant,battery,cell,abs/esp and rpm gauge moves up/down
- What can cause the rear tires on a 2001 Mercedes SLK 320 to make noise?
- this veh has 77000 miles v6 never had a problem yesterday back out of garage went to take would acc so man shifted into 1st took shifted into od would not acc down shited it acc to 75 stop would not acc again unless I dwn shifted
Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.
Position switches for the vario roof can fail, causing the roof to stop in the process of opening or closing.
Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Questions
Crankshaft position sensor was replaced about 5 months ago. The engine just stopped for no reason. Car started again after waiting for over 3 hours. This episode happened twice. Now, the engine will not even turn.
Removed wheel nuts, cannot remove wheel seems stuck or must something special be performed. Planning to do brake job on all 4 wheels. Obtained vehicle about 2 years ago, used, first time removing wheels. Thanks
Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Reviews
Car wont crank at times for days then when it does it also go days like nothing is wrong.Its like it picks the days it wants to run.Car has 99000 miles on it.
Power on highway a plus comfort a plus interior paint on consul sucks fads dilaminates what a joy I love mine great happiness
Have had the common problems , replaced the crankshaft position sensor, and the engine management relay, both were simple DIY fixes. Had the tail light units replaced under a recall notice. Love the car. Handles and drives great. The Chrysler Crossfire shares 80% of the mechanical components with the SLK320. It is very helpful to buy a factory Crossfire service manual(2-3 vols).