Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- First, the driver's side door would not lock/unlock. Now all the door locks are completely dead, and the engine won't start. Can you guess what's going on?
- I need instructions how to replace my clutch, how to get old one loose and out
- is it a problem of bad oil or not enough in an auto gear box? or something else?
- low beam head lights not working I've changed the fuse bulbs and still not working please help
- my headlights are not working
Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The bushings for the shifter lever wear out to the point where they break and fall out. This causes excessive movement (loose feel) in the shifter lever and a clanging-type noise when changing gears.
Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
had a oil changed in the automatic gear box. reverses ok when cold but as soon as the car is warmed up, it won't reversed when I accelerate.no problem in putting into R gear though.
I have replaced the radiator and had flushed twice but the same result. The car is not overheating, there is no white smoke coming from tail pipe and my engine oil dip stick is clean. I have been told its not the trans cooler. The last mechanic said it might be coming from the timing cover and wi...
Mercedes-Benz C220 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz C220 Reviews
My gas gage is not registering,it goes up and down even if the tank is full of gas. What is causing this problem.
The C220 is ok
Great car !