Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- How do I flush the transmission fluid?
- Where do I find the fuss box?
- Side sliding door will not open. How do I get it to open?
- losing transmission fluid and its not going in the radiator or on ground
- no charge at times. replaced alt. (with new unit) batt. - starter solinoid - negative cable - cleaned and added new grounds to body and frame.
Ford Aerostar Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
Ford Aerostar Questions
I am looking to replace the power window fuss. how tricky would that be?
It sounds like the door is unlocking but it will not open.
Ford Aerostar Recalls
Ford Aerostar Reviews
I've had my aerostar since 1995. I have 276,000 miles on it.
What an awesome van!!!
My 1994 Ford Aerostar All Wheel Drive 7 passenger van is great...hope I can keep it going a long time!