Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- Side sliding door will not open. How do I get it to open?
- losing transmission fluid and its not going in the radiator or on ground
- no charge at times. replaced alt. (with new unit) batt. - starter solinoid - negative cable - cleaned and added new grounds to body and frame.
- where can I locate the computer on my van
- The door ajar light is flickering and a elect short sound in the dash
Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
Ford Aerostar Questions
It sounds like the door is unlocking but it will not open.
Only had the van three days and this has just started. Please I am hoping that this is fixable without having to go to a mechanic.
Ford Aerostar Recalls
Ford Aerostar Reviews
I've had my aerostar since 1995. I have 276,000 miles on it.
My 1994 Ford Aerostar All Wheel Drive 7 passenger van is great...hope I can keep it going a long time!
What an awesome van!!!