Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- How long does it take for oil pan replacement?
- I am looking to purchase this van but i need to know how the 4 wheel drive works
- How can I get to the spark plugs on the passenger side of the 1995 ford aerostar
- Why is my car check engine lite flashing at high speeds and loosing power
- After running out of gas. Check engine light flashes at high speeds and loosing
Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
Ford Aerostar Questions
I am trying to change the spark plugs on my 1995 aerostar and am unable to get to the passenger side
After running out of gas it started bogging and sputtering at times.
thermostat changed, heater core changed,temp gugage low at all times. Cardboard in front of radiator raises tempature gugage still no heat. remove cardboard and gugage immeadately drops back
Ford Aerostar Recalls
Ford Aerostar Reviews
I've had my aerostar since 1995. I have 276,000 miles on it.
Why did they stop making these? Stupid, Stupid , Stupid!!! The Best Minivan on the road. If I couls I would buy up old ones and refurbish them. They were a real work horse. I would get one now and put an EcoBoost in it!!! I really loved this vehicle need to bring em back! Mine was given to me by a church member he thought the head gaskets were blown but they weren't and a transmission, it s...
My 1994 Ford Aerostar All Wheel Drive 7 passenger van is great...hope I can keep it going a long time!