Dodge Charger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Dodge Charger
- Lubricate/Replace Lower Seal on Steering Shaft if Squeak is Heard While Turning
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Rear Differential/Axle Seals are Prone to Leaks
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems
- Leaks May Develop at Electrical Connector on Automatic Transmission
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 760-2072 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 917-3997 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-8915 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 592-6091 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 637-0483 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4594 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 349-4620 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 384-4479 | 18.95mi
Dodge Charger Problems
A squeak may be heard from the base of the steering column while turning the steering wheel. The noise may be coming from the lower seal on the steering shaft. Lubrication of the seal will commonly correct this problem.
Rear differential and axle seals are prone to repeated leaks.
Dodge Charger Questions
Where is fuse for cigerette lighter.
when it won't start the starter keeps running until you turn key off
I went through a big puddle on my way into work this morning. I didn't see it so I didn't slow down at all. The car is still driving normally, but whenever it's moving, there's this loud noise throughout the whole car that sounds like static. It stops when my car is completely...
Dodge Charger Recalls
Certain All Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicles equipped with a ZF 8HP45 transmission are being recalled. In the affected vehicles, the transmission output shaft can break unexpectedly. This could result in loss of power to the drive wheels, increasing the risk of a crash. The vehicle could also unexpectedly roll away with the transmission shifter in the park position. Dealers will replace the transmission in affected vehicles to correct this concern.
The supplemental restraint system, commonly called the "airbag", consists of several "bags" that are very quickly inflated to help protect the vehicle occupants in the event of a crash. An on board computer uses information from various sensors to determine if and when the airbags should deploy. The affected vehicles may have a poor electrical connection in the front seat which could affect deployment of the side airbags and/or cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. Dealers will replace the airbag withing harness in both the driver and passenger front seats to correct this concern.
These vehicles may lose anti-lock brake and electronic stability control system function due to an overheated power distribution center. This could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will relocate the ABE/ESC system fuse to correct this concern. The Chrysler recall number is M10.
Dodge Charger Reviews
2006 SXT, loved this car 'til it hit 70,000 miles. In one week both exhaust manifolds broke in half, not cracked, broken all the way. No, I didn't hit a big bump in the road or anything else. Got those replaced and $1,000 lighter in my wallet. Now the transmission sticks in park. Had to take the console apart, push the magic pink button (which did not work) then pull on the transmission/br...
I had a transmission issue cause it wont go in fourth gear. It was a sensor but thats nothing big but my car wont start up all the starter does is clicks. It has a new battery, starter, alt, and ignition switch and it still wont start. Its still at the dealers.
I don't see the problem. I have a 2007 charger black and alway get "nice car" 47,000 miles. Stop buying used stuff and order one new as I have and you break the car in and you will see the car is outstanding. Never had a problem with my charger.