2000 Subaru Legacy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Subaru Legacy
- Battery will not stay charged unless I disconnect it.
- Can I disable the light that indicates the front passenger door is not closed?
- Can you roll start a 2000 subaru legacy that has a dead battery with a manual tr
- car won't shift into any gear nothing at all happens
- changed window switch now dash light out
2000 Subaru Legacy Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
2000 Subaru Legacy Questions
I had my battery tested and they told me it was in good condition. I have just recently replaced the alternator so I know it is good. Jet if I let my car sit overnight the battery is dead in the morning. If I disconnect the battery it holds a charge just fine.
The button is broken off on the door so the light indicating that door is not closed stays on.
Manual transmission, To start with the key the clutch has to be in so by popping the cluch that with may not engage
2000 Subaru Legacy Recalls
2000 Subaru Legacy Reviews
durable, safe and reliable, even on rough terrain. a joy to own.