2001 Subaru Forester Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Subaru Forester
- Car, which is new to me, is low on coolant after a drive.
- Does a subaru forester have a drive shaft
- my subaru dies and sucks all the juice out of the battery 4ways&flashers don't
- Hearing a humming coming from my transmissiob
- 2001 subaru forester.Trans.fluid leaking from front of it.Just got it from junk
2001 Subaru Forester Problems
Sometimes the Check Engine Light illuminates because the computer detects misfires. Subaru released an improved spark plug wire set to solve the problem. The ignition coil should also be inspected for carbon tracks or short circuits between the contacts
2001 Subaru Forester Questions
1) Oil does not appear milky and oil level does not seem to rise.
2) Heats to 3/4 of gauge climbing a strong hill(is this within normal)?
3) Seems some coolant on fan cowel next to reservoir. But no collant drips under car.
4) Radiator is not really very low but reservoir is empty.
2001 Subaru Forester Reviews
New review for an old car... I bought this Forester in late 2006 when it was five years old. Went from a GOOD Dodge Caravan to this, worried that I'd feel cramped in a CAR. This feels less like a car than the Outback, so I'm happy with that. KEEP UP ON MAINTENANCE... just had the 100k mile makeover... VERY expensive, done by a Subaru specialist... but now it runs better than it ever has since I...
I bought my forester at 108,000 miles and 6 yrs old, it now has over 210,000 miles, it has taken my family across country twice. Replaced the radiator, all my fault for not keeping it filled or noticing the leak. New cv boots, one battery, i have to get it smogged again now that I'm in California again, makes a rattle when accelerating, the catalytic converter is the issue. Maybe it will pass? ...
I don't know why everyone out here in SD doesn't have a Subaru. It's perfect for the extreme conditions and has decent gas milage. It's on the small side, but holds four people well. The rear seat goes down and handles a fair amount of junk. I love my 2001 Forester. I bought it new and it has been great.