Reviews for BMW 528i years:

BMW 528i Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 528iOwner Reviews (29 reviews)
    Visitor, Oakland, CA, April 08, 2014 10:10
    The front left door needs to be replaced both exterior and interior handles broke. Not sure where else to find a replacement door for a good price in bay area of california
    Visitor, Brazoria, TX, November 03, 2013 18:24
    Please send a video on how to replace timing chain on 1999 BMW 528I. Also how to replace timing chain tentioner. You can email me at cwburnett65@gmail.com
    Visitor, Pacific Grove, CA, October 20, 2013 10:09
    Have a BMW 2010 5281. I have 33,000 miles on this car. At 29,000 had the belt tensioner replaced. The dealership found the belt tensioner had failed and made a high pitched voice when you started the car intermittently. Now the car is making the same noise . I am going back to the dealer have them look at this again... This was done August 30 and parts and labor should still be under warranty.. Has anyone had this problem?
    Visitor, Stanton, CA, April 28, 2013 23:16
    YES THEY HAVE PROUBLEMS. USE RUBBER COUPLERS INSTEAD OF A USAL U JOINT AN A LOT OF BEMMERS. I BALANCE DRIVE SHAFTS AT WORK. IT'S AN AROUND 80 DALLERS PLUS PARTS , BUT IT'S NOT REALLY A MUST TO BALANCE IT UNLESS YOU HIT SOMTHING OR ARE PUTTING 2 DIFFERENT DRIVE SHAFTSMTOGETHER TO MAKE 1.
    Visitor, Seaside Heights, NJ, April 01, 2013 09:12
    just wanna know if anyone has had drive shaft problems and if anyone knows how much it is to have the drive shaft balanced?
    Visitor, Lancaster, PA, July 24, 2012 17:06
    The brake light keeps coming on on my dashboard. I got brake fluid in its tank filled and my brakes work like new. Only problem is that it does a long squeaky/scraching noise when I put the brake pedal down slowly. What may be the problem? Please email me @ Bryanbuden@gmail.com
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, July 16, 2012 18:40
    this car is so awesome,mine has 225 on the odometer runs solid.had to do minor repairs water pump ,fan clutch...replaced the belts...the 528i is fun with a sporty feel, interior is so elegant with everything at reach.love to drive it
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, December 29, 2011 22:09
    Bought used with 112K miles, and had my mechanic go over it, replaced coil, tune up, replaced rotors with drilled set and ceramic pads. Transmission takes it's time to engage after stop and sometimes it seems to skip gears. I have to accelerate to get the transmission to engage, I have taken it to BMW dealer and had a diagnostic run but they cannot find anything. Since unit is sealed for life, cannot check fluid; once it is running, it runs very smooth and shifts very nice (as nice as a 4 speed auto can) I downshift and everything works fine - except for the erratic reactions. I have 140K and the engine is very strong, the transmission responds very well on the highway and the car looks great inside and out. I do love the design and get lots of compliments on it. This is the 6th BMW that I have owned and love to drive the cars.
  • 2009 BMW 528i
    Visitor, Livingston, NJ, December 12, 2011 14:01
    just got a 2009 528ix and cant stop driving i am a auto teck for caddi and will never buy one this car rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, San Mateo, CA, September 24, 2011 20:00
    Hi, I just purchased a 1997 BMW 5 series recently. The odometer light goes completed off and comes on. What could be possible issue. Appreciate any advie or help. Thanks you.
  • 2011 BMW 528i
    Visitor, Irvine, CA, September 10, 2011 12:58
    We loved our new BMW until the other day my wife was driving my son to soccer practice and when she was pulling in to the parking space, car started to eccelerate on its own. My wife had both of her feet on the brake and car would not stop. It went over the curb and into the soccer field before it finally stopped. All the warning lights came on, we had it towed to the BMW dealer and it is still there. Has anyone else experience this problem with their BMW?
    Visitor, Plymouth, WI, August 07, 2011 10:38
    Lights inside of car will come on, c.control & radio will go off. I know this happens if liquid was spilled around the hazard lights but this never happened in my case. Sometimes the car is fine for months and then it will act up daily.
    Visitor, Oceanside, CA, July 07, 2011 10:36
    I love my BMW it handles like no other I have had very little maint problems but when I did the cost has always been high for repairs.
    josie38, Warner Robins, GA, May 03, 2011 03:43
    Very Fantastic!
  • 2011 BMW 528i
    Visitor, Manassas, VA, February 22, 2011 05:43
    Have only driven my new 528 for about 800 miles so far, but I'm very satisfied! This being our first BMW, the 2011 redesign was an aesthetically appealing success with us. The interior is spacious and VERY comfortable. The electronic shifting (A/T) and iDrive take some time to learn/become accustomed to, but the driving experience is great. No issues with the steering (other past-BMW owners say the lack of feedback is an issue), as it is smooth and comfortable for a luxury touring car. The 8-speed transmission shifts like "butter", and the in-line 3.0 liter 6-cylinder has plenty of power for passing and cruising. It's been tough to keep 'er below 80 on the freeway. Nav system has had us going in a couple of circles in high-traffic areas over the last couple of days, but may just be a satellite anomaly. More to report on that down the line.
    Visitor, San Leandro, CA, December 29, 2010 01:16
    my first BMW and very happy with it. =)
    Visitor, Boerne, TX, December 15, 2010 10:13
    1998 BMW 528i with 261,000 miles and going very strong. Normal wear and tear maintenance. No major problems. And the best driving, most comfortable car I have ever owned. Looks all but brand new. The key to good service from any BMW is keeping up with maintenance on a regular basis (not BMW-NA's schedules), including all fluids. Oil, coolant, transmission and differential fluids. These are exceptionally great cars. Parts and labor can be expensive but good maintenance can keep the major problems away. These cars are very durable when treated correctly.
    ANGELOS, Redding, CA, December 08, 2010 06:24
    Absolutely love everything about this car! Ultimate driving machine is a BMW!
    bmdouble, San Antonio, TX, December 08, 2010 06:24
    Have had minor problems which were resolved inexpensively.car handles as if it were 1000lbs lighter than it actually is.great gas mileage,timeless looks,and very fun to drive!
    ardi528i, Buffalo, NY, December 08, 2010 06:24
    Excellent car. I have a 1999 528 i 5 speed. Mileage now over 213 000 kms. No problems whatsoever. The engine, just like other bimmer inline sixes, is very very smooth. Power is there, great torque. Driveline is the best. Handling is absolutely bimmerous. I have had Mercedes for the last 10 yrs. They were great cars and SUV-s also, but Bimmers are more fun to drive. To have fun with a Merc. you have to go AMG, which is a totally different story, and very expensive also.This car I think it has a better reliability record than 540. If I would buy another bimmer it would be a 740 or a 745 or 545 or a X 5.Anyway, I am very happy with it. Never thought inline sixes to be that smooth, the are really Silky Smooth.
    Visitor, Stockton, CA, December 08, 2010 06:22
    I OWN 1999 bmw 528i my wife loved it easy to work on[just have patient removing some parts to get what u want to replace] parts are very reasonable price om or after market very reliable. A++++
    dalenstep, Foley, AL, November 25, 2010 22:35
    real nice cars but they need to put a dipstick to check the trans fluid some people dont know how to check it . also some people cant afford to take it to a shop everytime it needs fluid.
    foxkitty, Martinsburg, WV, November 25, 2010 22:34
    @dalenstep A 1997 bmw 528i does not require being checked it is a lifetime transmission it never needs any attention unless there is a mechanical failure otherwise it never needs attention. I love mine it has had no problems whatsoever and the maintenance is sooo easy all the tools you need are in the trunk for the oil change and the sparkplugs plus the oilfilter is ontop and easy to get too so there is no reason to ever take it to a dealer and pay there overinflated prices!!
  • 2008 BMW 528i
    Visitor, Sayreville, NJ, November 25, 2010 22:33
    If you're going to buy a BMW make sure you get the Xdrive, regular 528I does not handle well on ice or snow
  • 2008 BMW 528i
    Visitor, Mayaguez, PR, November 25, 2010 22:33
    great car, handles perfectly
    Visitor, Glenview, IL, November 25, 2010 22:33
    Just installed new tires and struts which were needed. Outside of standard maintenance, this has been a trouble free car. I have 120k miles and plan to keep this fine car. Rides great. Handles great. Looks great. paint job has to be one of the best I have ever had. I have an independent that keeps costs down.
    Visitor, Salinas, CA, November 25, 2010 22:33
    I purchased my car in March of 2010. Lots of prblem with this car. 6 days after purchase; they had to replace all breaks. Then I had to take the car back, because of a defect in my Naviation System. Still having problem with Navigaiton system," It does not give accurate direction" . This car has very course engin sound, and rough ideling. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR
    psychorules2003, Saint Paul, MN, March 03, 2010 18:17
    If you could find a good reliable affordable independent to maintain this car, she will last for long long time and with the one of the best road handling and comfort. Maintenance is very very expensive at the dealer so DOnt go there for basic routine maintenance. Test Drive one and you will know what i mean! AAA
    1998 BMW 528i, Thousand Oaks, CA, August 25, 2008 07:38