Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Suspension may make a knocking and/or squeaking noise over bumps
- Vehicle may wander
- Uneven tire wear
- Complete failure will result in the lower control arm becoming disconnected from the suspension knuckle, rendering the vehicle inoperable
Related Repair Advice
- The boot should be inspected during maintenance services to make sure it is not torn
- If possible, we recommend replacing ball joints as a set, especially on vehicles subject to heavy usage.
- In some cases, the control arm must be replaced in order to replace the ball joint
- Replacing the ball joints may affect the alignment's settings. We recommend a four-wheel alignment when the ball joints are replaced.