Audi TT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Audi TT
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Check Engine Light Due to Vacuum Leaks, Oxygen Sensor, or Catalytic Converter Fault
- Oil Leaks From Camshaft Chain Tensioner and Valve Cover Gaskets
- Sway Bar Replacement to Correct Creaking Noise
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- My MMI will not always load my phone book. I have a Samsung note 3.
- My gas cap and trunk lid won't open
- The gas cap and trunk lid are both push button on the center console and they do
- Why would a catalistc converter pack up,or break where it connects to turbo
- What does 65:35h mean on my electronic dash lights
Audi TT Problems
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
Audi TT Questions
Audi TT Recalls
Under extreme driving conditions, fuel can leak from the fuel tank vent valve. The internal spring may be too weak to hold the valve closed. Any fuel leak increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected valve with an improved design. The recall is expected to begin by November 16, 2009. The Audi recall number is 20Q3/J3.
Connectors for a temperature sensor inside the direct shift gearbox (DSG) transmission may have been insufficiently crimped. They could incorrectly read a high transmission oil temperature, and abruptly shift into neutral. The shift position indicator in the instrument panel would begin to flash and the "Depress Brake Pedal" indicator light will be illuminated to alert the driver to apply the brakes. The abrupt shift could lead to a crash. Volkswagen and Audi dealers will reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with updated software. The recall began October 20, 2009. The Volkswagen recall number is 37E3/S7 and the Audi recall number is 37E5/J7.
The retainers clips for the C-pillar trim panels may not retain the panels sufficiently. In a collision, the trim panel may become a projectile and injure an occupant. Dealers will install an improved retainer clip. The Audi recall number is 70D1/JX. This recall began on March 7, 2008.
Audi TT Reviews
transmission just went out at 42K miles and will cost 7grand to replace. Nice. No help from AUDI even given the low miles. INstrument cliuster failure at the same time, that's another grand to fix. I missed the class action law suit extension of warranty by a few months. Nice. Will never buy audi again. Lots of reported electrical issues and now a new Tranny already, insane.
I LOVE MY TT THE ONLY THING I HATE IS THE HATERS TRYING TO KEY MY CAR
Problems with the instrument cluster, door sensors, rear wind screen(roadster) but all-in-all I love this car.