Reviews for Porsche Boxster S years:

Porsche Boxster S Reviews and Owner Comments

Porsche Boxster SOwner Reviews (8 reviews)
  • 2013 Porsche Boxster S
    nwest, Yorktown Heights, NY, October 17, 2012 20:05
    this is my third porsche boxster s....the 2013 is incredible...so many new features, bigger, stronger, quieter with all the bells and whistles...a very very sweet ride
  • 2007 Porsche Boxster S
    taduerr, Omak, WA, April 23, 2011 07:14
    A fun car to drive. Lots of power and torque. I am a little worried that the clutch is harder to depress than the clutch in my last car but other than that it is tip top.
    Visitor, Frederick, MD, January 12, 2011 07:30
    I purchased my 986S new in Dec 2002. I have owned 14 new-purchase German vehicles (Audi, VW, & BMW) since 1976 - this Boxster S is heads & shoulders above the rest in terms of performance (to be expected) and reliability. Other than an initial adjustment of the convert. top, installing speed bleeder valves, and a new battery at 5 yrs nothing other than annual maintenance has been required. Even all the bulbs & key battery are original and functional. My experience is pretty typical if the JD Power #1 rating for Porsche is accurate, and it likely is based on the experiences of my Porsche Club friends.
    Visitor, Vienna, VA, October 26, 2010 19:17
    I absolutely love driving this car, but compared to the other reviews left here, I must have gotten a lemon. I purchased my 2003 Boxster S convertible used two years ago with only 37K miles on it, and it seems like I have to sink $2,000 into it every few months. I only had it out of the shop for 10 days and It now needs a new clutch at $2500. I think I've put $7500 into this car in 2 years. So, buyer beware. I hope all other buyers have better luck than I have had.
    Visitor, Bedford, TX, September 01, 2010 13:11
    I purchased this car at 77k miles over a month ago and I am very happy with it. I can't say too much to the mechanical reliablity since I haven't owned it long but the previous owner has had to have a few transmissions seals replaced and the engine was replaced under warranty it 30k. He has taken good care of it so I don't anticpate any issues. I have already taken the car on a road course type track and it did EXCELLENT! 4 20 minute intervals of hard driving and it had no problems. The car handles beautifully and has good power. I highly recommend one.
    Billbie, Owings, MD, July 14, 2010 12:32
    The finest car I've owned and driven. Makes my old SLK seem like a sedan. The Boxster S is pure joy form acceleration, handling, and braking. Seven years young and just hit 20k miles, but she is still showroom clean and never a single problem. Looks like I might have to put my first set of new tires on her before the winter. Not bad. : )
  • 2004 Porsche Boxster S
    Its_Pops, Carmel, IN, June 01, 2010 11:27
    My all time favorite car to drive. People who refer to this as the poor man's Porsche are way off the mark. I've driven most Porsche models and the Boxster S is hands down the most fun. It begs to be driven hard and complains about other styles of driving.
  • 2008 Porsche Boxster S
    jlamb, Manheim, PA, October 08, 2009 16:23
    Love the car! Handling, acceleration, sound, ride, all spectacular. An absolute joy to drive. My only problem is the constant attention the car gets with people wanting to taunt me into racing !! On second thought maybe that's not a problem !