Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz CLK430
- My clk430 stalls when I punch the gas
- I have a CLK 430 and the windows keep rolling up and down.
- would a map position sensor make your car stopped raining
- I have replaced crankshaft sensor, fuel filter and battery still start issues?
- What would make the car run hot? This is the first time I had this happen.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Problems
The instrument cluster display may lose pixels and need replacement. However, if the back lighting bulbs for the odometer display in the center of the cluster burn out, they can be replaced.
Cables in the convertible top tend to break. If the convertible top stops operating prior to reaching the desired open or closed position, the micro switches that sense the position of the top may have failed.
The CD changer may suffer from an internal mechanical problem. Replacement of the faulty unit is generally required to correct this issue.
Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Questions
I try to pass a slower car and instead of my car dropping down in2 a lower gear and launching itself and start pulling, it stalls as if it's shutting down and then it starts pulling but then if I punch it a little more it does it everytime I punch the gas... But it never stalls when I just pu...
Dealer tested and back with these needs I replaced and still ocassional start up issues
What do I need to do?
Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Reviews
I purchased my 2002 Mercedes Benz Clk 430 V8 in 2008 with 92,ooo miles. The engine, if maintained properly with routine oil changes, runs like an absolute champion! When I first turn on the car in the winter the fans don't start to blow until the car actually gets warmed up. That is compensated by the heated seats which work right away. The seats keep me on stand-by till the car blows out heat ...
Very nice car, but they are not easy to fix. Mine works but is starting to suffer mechanical failures.Talked to dealerships and tryed to get a scanner for it, and never got the thing to work to tell me whats going on with it. considered taking it to an auto crusher because a 11 year old vehicle should not be this hard to repair if you decide to fix it yourself. my bmw is hard to fix by way of r...
i just love this car.i bought in 2008 it has 25,000 miles on it.now it has 125,000 and it still drive the same.just change air filter that was it.