1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Problems
The instrument cluster display may lose pixels and need replacement. However, if the back lighting bulbs for the odometer display in the center of the cluster burn out, they can be replaced.
Cables in the convertible top tend to break. If the convertible top stops operating prior to reaching the desired open or closed position, the micro switches that sense the position of the top may have failed.
When the engine is running, but the vehicle is not moving, a rattle heard from beneath the vehicle could indicate that one of the exhaust catalytic converters has failed. The substrate (the internal part of the catalyst that reduces emissions) can loosen and bounce around inside the canister section of the converter—the defective unit will need to be replaced. If this problem is ignored, the substrate can break down and reduce to a size that plugs the outlet pipe, which will cause a sudden loss in power.
1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Questions
When slowing down or at a stop,it blows cool air.
The miles are (2) of them are right around 62,000-65,000K...Need advice thank you.
I want to take my clk430 with me behind my motorhome