1992 Mazda 323 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mazda 323
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Mazda 323 Problems
If the automatic transmission shifts in and out of overdrive while cruising, it may be due to the thermostat that is stuck open. The 323 transmission is especially effected by the engine running too cool. If possible, check to see the engine is running at full operating temperature while cruising. The temperature gauge in the 323 may also read normal when the engine is not reaching normal operating temperature.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
1992 Mazda 323 Questions
I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP AND CONTROL MODULE RAN FOR A FEW DAYS AND DIED WHILE DRIVING AGAIN NOW IT TURNS OVER BUT WONT START
1992 Mazda 323 Recalls
1992 Mazda 323 Reviews
A great little car! Gets in the mid 30s for mpg but still is a blast to push around the twisty back roads around here. Not to mention there are a range of motors that are direct swaps and easy to find in any junkyard if the factory 82hp motor isnt enough for you.