1993 Mazda 323 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mazda 323
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Mazda 323 Problems
If the automatic transmission shifts in and out of overdrive while cruising, it may be due to the thermostat that is stuck open. The 323 transmission is especially effected by the engine running too cool. If possible, check to see the engine is running at full operating temperature while cruising. The temperature gauge in the 323 may also read normal when the engine is not reaching normal operating temperature.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
1993 Mazda 323 Questions
i have a madza 323 2litre dohc
can someone please tel me whats the problem i replaced the spark plugs and the plug wires on Saturday but still the problem is there. thanks
1993 Mazda 323 Recalls
1993 Mazda 323 Reviews
OK, so this car isn't as nice as a Honda Accord, Honda Civic, or even the nicer Mazdas like the 626 or MX-6, but these Mazda 323 cars run like champs. Take a licking and keep on ticking. This car was almost never in the repair shop. It needed the basic engine maintenance and brake jobs, but other than that there were nno problems. It's not going to win you any dates or turn any heads outsid...