BMW 745i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 745i
- Why my stereo system door panel speakers are static while playing music
- What is the consequence of putting a bmw type of oil on transmission but not
- my life in the car while I'm driving comes on and off on and off all the warning
- driver seat malfunction, fuse inside the glove box ok, seat wont go back up
- How do I remove the driver side door panel
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 745i Problems
There are reports of various interior trim parts peeling including center console buttons, storage tray buttons, door sill entry covers, b-pillar trims, and kick panels.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps.
BMW 745i Questions
I'm looking to replace the driver side mirror assembly
Replaced battery, Alternator,
Nothing in the of the dash works the button of the flashers nor the heat
BMW 745i Recalls
Certain vehicles equipped with both the Comfort Access and Soft Close Door options are being recalled. Due to a software problem, the doors may appear to be closed and latched, but may not be. A door may unexpectedly open due to road or driving conditions or occupant contact with the door. The sudden opening may result in occupant ejection or increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will update the vehicle software as necessary to correct this concern.
The affected vehicles have an electronic key and an electronic connection between the gear shifter and the transmission (shift-by-wire) that automatically shifts the transmission to Park when the driver presses the Start/Stop button to shutdown the engine. If the driver presses the engine Start/Stop button 2 or 3 times within a short time interval, the system may shift the transmission to Neutral rather than Park.
If the driver exits the vehicle with the transmission in Neutral and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll away. Unattended rollaway incidents often result in a crash or cause injury to pedestrians in the path of the vehicle. Vehicle owners will be notified, but the revised software remedy will not be available until March 2013.
Excessive wear may develop on the side bolsters of the seat backrest. As a result, the seat heater mat located in this area may be damaged. If such damage were to occur, with the system turned on, the occupant may feel excessive heat from the area. The heating element may damage or melt a small hole in this damaged area of the seat cover. If this happened, it could lead to the seat occupant being burned. Dealers will modify the seat heating circuit to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin during December of 2004.
BMW 745i Reviews
I love my car never really had any major problems Just seem tempermental at times. Expensive to maintain. 80000 mils. But I can't find anything I like better .
hi am AJ talking about the 745i s woowww love the car dont get me wrong i had to put $ on my 7 when i 1st got it but seen never agin love my car and my wife loves it even more fast car love the interior never had a Electrical problems or Lights problems or Air Conditioning problems or nothing love this car
Great performance and handling,but very expensive to maintain.