Question Answered: spark plug wire firing order
April 30, 2010, 10:30 AM
when standing at the front of the vehicle and picturing a clock. the #1 will be at about 2 o'clock and counterclockwise for the rest. the number #6 will be at 4 o'clock
Question Answered: air conditon repair
April 30, 2010, 10:22 AM
Very vague question. Does the air blow warm air or not blow anything at all? if the air is warm, this means you are low on freon 134a. You either have a leak or none at all. If no air is blowing, you either have a blown fuse, failed blower motor or relay, failed ac compressor, failed ac belt or maybe even something else
Question Answered: engine light blinking
April 30, 2010, 10:17 AM
my side hurts, whats wrong? You need to have your vehicles ODB2 system scanned for the trouble code(s) to determine the cause of the light
Question Answered: car keeps shutting off
April 30, 2010, 10:13 AM
The price depends upon what is making the car shut off. This could be anything from a faulty ecm, worn igntion parts, failed fuel system part, etc... This issue would need a qualified technician to diagnose
Question Answered: Insturctions on how to replace the water pump
April 30, 2010, 10:09 AM
there are 3 different types of engines in this vehicle model. for a v8 5.0 here are the instructions. standard labor is 3.2 hours w/ AC and 3.0 w/o
1. Remove air cleaner and intake duct assembly, including crankcase ventilation hose.
2. Drain cooling system, then remove radiator.
3. Remove drive belts, fan, spacer and water pump pulley.
4. Disconnect heater and bypass hoses from water pump.
5. Remove water pump attaching bolts and the water pump.
6. Reverse procedure to install. Tighten water pump retaining bolts to specifications. NOTE: All water pumps have a sealed bearing integral with the water pump shaft. The bearing requires no lubrication. A bleed hole in the pump housing allows water that may leak past the seal to be thrown out by the slinger. This is not a lubrication hole. If the pump is damaged and requires repair, replace it with a new pump or a rebuilt one.
remember this may differ if you have a 4.9 or 5.8
Question Answered: electrical system check
April 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
You best bet would to be to find a skilled electrical auto shop to diagnose the issue. a typical range for this service is $80-$120
Question Answered: MAP sensor
April 30, 2010, 10:03 AM
The location for the mass air flow sensor is Engine compartment, right side of engine, on air intake duct.
Question Answered: BLOWER MOTOR
April 29, 2010, 01:42 PM
typically when the blower only works on high, this is a resistor.
1. REMOVE GLOVE COMPARTMENT
2. REMOVE BLOWER RESISTOR
1. Disconnect the connector.
2. Remove the 2 screws and blower resistor.
1. INSTALL BLOWER RESISTOR
1. Install the blower resistor with the 2 screws.
1. Connect the connector.
2. INSTALL GLOVE COMPARTMENT
Question Answered: Timing chains
April 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
according to alldata repair manual, this vehicle has a timing chain
Question Answered: Trouble starting
January 29, 2010, 10:32 AM
could be fuel related. have you have fuel filter replaced? also could be fuel pump or sending unit. like you said it also could be starter or battery. but without experiencing it, hard to say
Car Review: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500
January 29, 2010, 09:50 AM
This is a quality SUV for out of the city living. We work on many of these, and all of our customers love them. brakes can get quite expensive for repairs but should be expected with this size of vehicle.. Great for towing..(I use to tow my trailer) and comfortable for hauling many passengers. I give this SUV a 4/5 because of the cost of repairs.