2008 Toyota Corolla Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Toyota Corolla owners like you.

2008 Toyota Corolla Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Toyota Corolla. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 11/25/11 | Scottsboro, AL
My 2008 Toyota Corolla was getting 35 mpg. I got a recall notice on the ECM and had it changed. Prior to the change the shop foreman repeatedly stated that the ECM had nothing to do with the car's gas mileage. After the ECM change the gas mileage dropped to 26 to 28 mpg. We return to the dealer and he still states the ECM had nothing to do with the excessive drop in gas mileage. We took the car elsewhere to have the computer tested. They told us all seemed to be in order as far as the sensors. Besides the ECM, is there something else that could be wrong that caused the gas mileage to drop immediately after the ECM change?
By on 10/29/10 | Mesa, AZ
I was in a crash this week and the seat belt did not hold me from slamming into the steering wheel. I have the imprint of te streering wheel on my chest. Also the airbag did not deploy. I have a 08 corolla that I bought brand new. Anyone have any ideas WHY???
I am so mad at Toyota rigft now.
By on 8/2/09 | Altha, FL
I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla CE. This is my 5th Corolla. I have some problems with this one. When you apply the brakes they make a loud clunking noise. The dealer service dept said they were fine. I have to use fuel injector cleaner in this one, never did before. It gets real sluggish sometimes and gas mileage drops. I had a side impact with another vehicle and after repairs were made i found my rear window completely loose and rattling. Repair shop said it wasn't anything he did, it must be a factory defect. Dealer where i purchased the vehicle said it probably wasn't a defect and he would gladly have it repaired for me. (He's a great guy and like i said this is my 5th car purchased from him). I don't feel he should foot the bill for the window so i'm paying for it myself. Other than this I love my Toyota's.