1999 Lexus RX300 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Lexus RX300 owners like you.

1999 Lexus RX300 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Lexus RX300. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 3/14/14 | Jamestown, NC
Bought new in 1999 and as of 3/14/2014 we have 82,000 miles on the car. We bought it to take on trips and maintained the car and it looks great inside and out. Several months ago blue smoke poured out the exhaust and finally had somebody tell me the truth about the problem. I have a sludged engine and they say it is due to infrequent oil changes. Well 27 oil changes in 82,000 miles might have been the issue but it looks like folks that had excellent maintenance records still had a sludged engine. I have an offer for 3,000 bucks and will send this japanese marvel off with a one finger salute.....Great car up until this time but not real happy with the end result.....
By on 11/7/13 | Newport News, VA
My Lexus was bought used, RX300. I have had minor maintenance issues but overall it has served me well. The only frustrating thing about it is that I can't put it in neutral to roll it back to get a battery charge, and I don't know why the battery will die on it's own, apparently for no reason! New battery, lights not left on yet battery dead, and can't get it into neutral.
By on 7/9/12 | Hurricane, WV
love my Lexus! have had very little trouble- minor maintenance
problems- almost 200,000 miles... one of the best cars I've owned...drove BMWs' before this car... all wheel drive is wonderful-
great in the snow- body/paint in great shape-- have kept car waxed and in garage when possible... interior- driver leather seat starting to show some wear... otherwise- interior upholestry in great shape--. height of car- perfect for my height(5'4") for easy
entry and exit...can't wait to get another!!!
By on 7/4/11 | Schoharie, NY
my car have a problem with the engine, when i speed up some bad noise came from the engine. What's happen ?
By on 10/26/09 | Spring, TX
Love my car except Air conditioning