2000 Jaguar S-Type Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2000 Jaguar S-Type owners like you.

2000 Jaguar S-Type Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2000 Jaguar S-Type. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 4/11/15 | Aptos, CA
I bought this beautiful gunite black car brand new in 2000...no problems until 6 or so years later...every time I go to service it's $1,000 or so more and other problems...only have 76,000 miles on it (they say I should drive it more)...one owner, a woman, and it is garaged every day...help me...what to do?...almost perfect condition and it's been dead in my garage for months...battery 2nd one in 2 years)...
By on 12/15/12 | Fresno, CA
My 2000 8 cyl S type was a lot of fun to drive; unfortunately, the high cost of repairs took all the fun out of it. Every month or so, there would be another $1,000+ bill; the best thing I ever did was sell it and buy a Honda.
By on 12/7/11 | Birmingham, AL
My 2000 S-Type 4.0, car was purchase used, bank repo in 2005 with 48k. Soon as it hit 100k in 2010, the problems bgain. The same issues tention rods and timing. This is going to be the 3rd engine for this vehicle. This vehicle will be sold or trade in by the first of the year.
By on 9/22/11 | Richmond, IN
I have a 2000 S type that has been relatively trouble free for for the past 10 yrs. I bought the off lease with 25K miles on it. Recently had to replace the passenger window assembly, and the odometer has not worked for the ast two years. The only fix for this is to replace the instrument cluster, and it seems that I must go to a Jag dealer to get this repaired. I have to drive 80 miles round trip to find a dealer. Sucks! I really want to keep the car but I'm pissed that I can't find someone else to fix my ride.
By on 3/14/09 | Danville, CA
This is the best car I ever owned and I intend to keep it as long as I can. I have no major expenses just maintenance upkeep, a very reliable car for either long or short distance.