2005 Ford Focus Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Ford Focus owners like you.

2005 Ford Focus Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Ford Focus. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 5/16/13 | Santa Rosa, CA
I would buy another Ford Focus. I have 105000 on this car and it need a crankshaft pulley replaced. This is my first repair other then tires and brakes.
By on 5/23/12 | Bellevue, NE
I rated my car based off the experience I have had with it. I bought it used in '07 in Alaska with 41k miles. It was a rental car prior to being sold for $10k. My credit was not the best so I got the cheapest car on the lot that looked clean to keep mayments low. Cd player died in '09. Has been wrecked twice and repaired twice. The A/C fan died in '11, but was fixed by a local mechanic. It's having electrical issues from what I think was the repairs done in '09 from accident #2. That is odd because the same repair shop fixed it after accident #1 and it worked great. Other than cosmetic issues like my broken glove compartment handle and my broken armrest (those were our fault), it has been very good to me. Until I get the vehicle checked I cannot be sure if the electrical issues are just the car or the poor workmanship of the repairs done in '09. I paid it off this year. Rebuilding credit for a future car. In the meantime- it's going to be mine. I want a nicer newer, but that conflicts with my desire to save my money and be debt free...especially if it is still running just fine.
By on 1/29/11 | Independence, MO
My dad has a 2005 Focus and I absolutely hate that car. It's cheaply made and stuff is always going wrong on it. The steering has never been right and the brakes squeak like crazy. The dealership checks them every time, and I'm sure they've been replaced, but insists there is nothing wrong with them. They are so loud you can't drive with the windows down and I always wear sun glasses in his car because I'm really embarrassed to drive it. Literally everyone around you, outside or inside their cars, stares at you.
I own a 97 Ford Escort and would not trade him in a million years. You could not give me his focus for free... I wouldn't want it.
By on 11/12/09 | Adelanto, CA
very great car.i simply LOVE it.no major repairs just normal wear.tires and brakes just done turned 30k miles.brakes werent bad but figured better to replace them.and the mileage is unbelievable.i can get 425 out of a tank driving 65-70.its been a great car since day one.the interior noise stopped when i got the new tires.the old ones were the pirellis and they were lower profile.put goodyear gt's on it and the sound quieted down ALOT.
By on 7/19/09 | San Antonio, TX
This Focus is an ST performance model. The battery died after three years but that is to be expected. Otherwise, no reliability issues, and excellent gas mileage, 25mpg city and up to 33mpg highway. Only routine visits to the dealer.