2006 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Chevrolet Malibu owners like you.

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Chevrolet Malibu. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 2/5/13 | South Lyon, MI
I have had this car for 6 years. It was a great car up until last year. The fuel sensor went bad and now I have to guess when to fill up my take and pay attention to my miles to figure out when I need gas. For the last two or three years, the cars suspension, steering and brakes don't feel safe or reliable. Now the converter for the power to the car needs to be replaced, my thermostat, and my sway bar in the back has broken twice.
By on 7/1/11 | New Harmony, IN
I have had this car for 5 years,and 117000 miles.i haven't had to do anything to it but ,replace brakes,oil & filters changes,tires, etc. Drives great get very good gas miles (36 on the interstate} 29 on combination city & highway.The only problem has to do with a pop in the steering sometimes when turning the wheels after a stop. A mechanic in a goodyear store said this could be fixed in a hour by lub being addded to the steering knuckle in the column.He quoted a cost of $65,I should of had it done but at the time I didn't have time to wait.Overall this malibu 2006 LT 2.2 has been a very good car and I plan on keeping it until it give me problems and then I will be looking to trade it in for another malibu.
By on 12/20/10 | Coos Bay, OR
I have a 2006 Malibu and continue to have problems with the brakes, had to have rotors turned last time....find myself shifting down to 2nd gear to slow down so there's no shimming of the brakes. Have paid over $600 to replace power steering pump and hear that this is a major problem, along with the brakes, with Malibu's. I now have to take it in because the mechanism in the trunk that helps operate the atuomatic trunk opener has broke. I do love the way the car drives, can pass whenever needed, corners well, etc
By on 9/29/10 | Pearland, TX
transmition solonoids replacement
By on 4/20/09 | Rochester, NY
This car is a little gem. Handicapped hand controls. Power seat (lumbar only) makes easy height adjustment for my manual or power chair. It gets great mpg averaging over 30mpg on highway and 24 city. Steering shaft was replaced at 46 k. and tires at 34 k. Plan to buy an 2008.