Rear Suspension Strut
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Vehicle may feel unsettled over bumps
- Vehicle may continue to bounce more than normal after a bump has been encountered
- Knocking noises
- Oil leaking from strut
- Uneven tire wear
Related Repair Advice
- We recommend that struts be replaced in pairs, front and/or rear
- We recommend replacement of the upper strut bearings/bushings along with the struts
- Prior to replacement of the struts, a full inspection of the steering and suspension should be performed to identify any needed repairs. This will cut down on the labor costs when compared to replacing the worn parts separately.
- We recommend a four-wheel alignment when struts are replaced. The new struts can change the vehicle's ride height, which will change the wheel alignment.