Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Coolant may leak or boil over
- Temperature gauge may get really high
- Illumination of the engine temperature warning light
- Engine may run hot or overheat
Related Repair Advice
- We recommend replacing the thermostat and the radiator cap along with the radiator. The radiator hoses should also be replaced if they show signs of age or wear.
- The entire cooling system should be inspected and tested when the radiator is replaced
- Most radiators are made of metal and plastic. The plastic parts can become brittle and crack over time, leading to radiator replacement.
- Removal of the front bumper, as well as removal of engine bay components such as hoses, ducting, and additional plumbing, are often required in the course of this repair