Power Steering Pump
The power steering pump provides the hydraulic pressure necessary to operate the power steering system.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Power steering pump may leak or get noisy
- Increased steering effort
Related Repair Advice
- If the power steering pump is belt driven, the belt should be inspected and replaced as necessary
- We recommend flushing the power steering fluid when replacing the power steering pump
- We recommend checking and replacing worn or leaking power steering hoses when replacing the pump
- Be sure to consult your owners manual before adding power steering fluid. Many manufacturers require specific fluid and use of an incorrect fluid can damage the system.