Power steering fluid is an oil specially formulated for use in power steering systems.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Abnormal noise from power steering system
- Power steering fluid leak
Related Repair Advice
- We recommend flushing the power steering periodically to replace dirty fluid and remove contaminants
- We recommend checking and replacing worn or leaking power steering hoses prior to flushing the power steering system
- Be sure to consult your owners manual before adding power steering fluid. Many manufacturers require specific fluid and use of an incorrect fluid can damage the system.