Pontiac Torrent Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Torrent
- Rattle from front lower control arm
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Transmission Fault and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723
- DRL Resistor May Fail
- The Check Engine Light With Code: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, and/or P0391
- after changing bcm radio is locked and wont play
- How much is the cost to replace the carrier bearing on a 2006 Torrent
- Can you disable the rear axle and still drive the car?
- What is the button next to the rear wiper fluid button to the right?
- When I'm driving, the car will shake in the middle with a sound like a diesel
Pontiac Torrent Problemslower control arm portion of the front suspension may cause a rattling noise over bumps and require replacement.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
Pontiac Torrent Questions
Can you disconnect the drive shafts and still drive the car
It has a line going vertical with almost diagonal lines going through it, and a half circle next to it.
I think it has the original battery in. Never been worked on. Everything goes dead when I attempt to start. Soon as I release the key, power comes back. Every attempt to start ends with nothing.
Pontiac Torrent Recalls
Certain vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in, the states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, or Texas are being recalled because the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module may crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel pump module to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12190.
Pontiac Torrent Reviews
Headlights could be brighter, engine is a tad underpowered, air conditioner freezes over, rear suspension hops when going over rough bumps. Nice car to drive. Expect fuel mileage from 16-18 city, and 22-25 hwy, depending on conditions.
Money Pit-- Do not buy
Some road noise. Off and on stutter with electrical on the driver side window. A common problem I've found with Pontiac's. Car suspension/steering performs well over bumps and rough roads. No problems with the engine, brakes, heating/air, etc. The basic interior is sleek and easy to maintain, but does creek under rougher conditions. A good car to own.