2001 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Villager
- My car drive slowly when its get to climb hill... What can i do pls?
- Was drive and it died positive post melted changed starter and positive cable
- I can't drive in drive to start out.I have to manually shift up to drive.
- can 1997 mercury villager distributor fit on a 2001
- I am trying to fix the timing but the left bank 1 tooth off & left half tooth.
2001 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
A coolant leak may develop from a plug on the front of the rear cylinder head, behind the timing cover.
2001 Mercury Villager Questions
Its only drive slowly on hill and the engine sound will change
Sensor Circuit is open, shorted to ground and is damaged. What should I do to repair it and what parts do I need?