2001 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Villager
- I can't drive in drive to start out.I have to manually shift up to drive.
- can 1997 mercury villager distributor fit on a 2001
- I am trying to fix the timing but the left bank 1 tooth off & left half tooth.
- I got a code of PO340 and P0325 which says that the CMP Sensor Circuit and Knock
- how to adjust gear transmission shift linkage
2001 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
A coolant leak may develop from a plug on the front of the rear cylinder head, behind the timing cover.
2001 Mercury Villager Questions
Sensor Circuit is open, shorted to ground and is damaged. What should I do to repair it and what parts do I need?
two mechanics and the ford dealer cant tell me whats wrong,I was told to take it to Nissan due to the engine.lots of stuff already replaced,let it sit a little and it will start back up.