BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 540i
- when car gets hot a knocking sound from right front especially when turning.
- air conditioner/heater fan not blowing/unit comes on but no air? Fuse? or Fan?
- How can I open my hood from the outside? My inside latch is broken, please help
- Can't open my hood from inside,
- I was away from my car for an hour and when I returned my blower motor was running the battery was drained I replaced the battery and the blower motor still runs when the ignition is off AND the auto air controls are not lighting up. I have disconnected
BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
BMW 540i Questions
Is there anyway I can fix it my self/ try. 77 yr. Old Lady, please tell me how. Need the hood open because the check engine light is on
I have disconnected the battery in hopes that all will reset air facia lighting and blower motor
BMW 540i Recalls
In a crash that deploys the driver's front air bag, the inflator of the air bag can rupture, causing metal debris to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the front driver's air bag module free of charge to correct the concern.
BMW 540i Reviews
My son's 540 is a very heavy car so, use front brake pads like water. Recently the alternator need to be replace. Just $ 500 for a rebuild one!New alternator are about $ 800.00, and we found out it is a water cool alternator......!!!!!!! With this model you need to be very carefull with no overheating the engine. Cronic problems with the cooler system. Very nice cars when they are new, bu...
The E34 540i is a great car. Very comfortable and fast. Repairs are expensive. I buy all my parts online and have the dealer perform the work. If you can DIY that is to be recommended. The weak areas on this car include the cooling system (perhaps its weakest area), leaking valve cover gaskets, leaking intake gaskets, front suspension, and HVAC system. The cooling system is the big one to...
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY. ITS THE BEST. IT IS VERY VERY FAST AND COMFORTABLE. IT IS THE ULTIMATE. IT IS GOOD AS A FAMILY CAR AND IT ALWAYS GETS THE JOB DONE.