Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Engine may crank slowly or not at all
- Engine may stall while driving
- The battery may leak causing corrosion on the cable ends, mounting surface, and points below the battery
Related Repair Advice
- The battery cable ends should be inspected for corrosion and cleaned or replaced as necessary whenever the battery is replaced
- The average useful life of a vehicle battery is around four years. This time will increase/decrease depending on the integrity and performance of the charging system.
- High-quality replacement batteries are recommended due to the extensive electrical systems used in modern vehicles. The new battery must meet or exceed the specifications of the original battery.
- it is important that the charging system is thoroughly checked after the new battery is installed. Otherwise, you may have recurring issues.