Reviews for Acura MDX years:

Acura MDX Reviews and Owner Comments

Acura MDXOwner Reviews (25 reviews)
    Visitor, Dunnellon, FL, February 01, 2014 13:12
    is it so that you have to change timing belt on the motor every 75000 miles.
    Visitor, Garnet Valley, PA, January 06, 2014 02:00
    what is happen when you put on the ac of acura mdx it would trip off the engine?
    Visitor, Lake Worth, FL, May 31, 2013 21:53
    2001 Mdx Acura : Just change oil and wash down engine went to take it out for a drive it cut off. What do you think is wrong. Pls help!!
  • 2009 Acura MDX
    Visitor, Youngstown, NY, April 26, 2013 11:42
    Dash vents very poorly built
    Visitor, Baltimore, MD, December 13, 2012 19:23
    I plugged my cell phone adapter into one of the sockes and my whole system shut down. I have no radio or navigation system. What can be going on and where can I take it for repair. Thanks
  • 2008 Acura MDX
    Visitor, Henderson, NV, May 30, 2012 13:11
    Passenger AC vent blows cold air, but driver side vent blows warm air. It does have a dual system.
    Visitor, Centerville, IA, April 01, 2012 17:48
    At 140k my 201 MDX started making a weird transmission noise. It didn't slip, it just sounded like something wasn't right. I tookit to an Acura deal;ership to check out the problem. They said, "We don't repair, we replace for $6500. I took it to AAMCO and they said, "$2500 to rebuild." I called up a long-time mechanic friend who in college won the national champianship in transmission repair. He told me to get a product called "Torque Converter Shudder Control" made by www.drtranny.com and I wouldn't have to call him back. I found it at O'Reilly Auto Parts for less than 7 bucks. My MDX now has 255k. I keep my transmission serviced by pumping in new transmission fluid as old is pumped out of the entire transmission. Also keep that 2 ounce product in my transmission. That priduct ought togoin every transmission over 100k. Just cut off end of tube and squeeze in Transmission dip stick.
    Visitor, Tarzana, CA, January 10, 2012 08:46
    Hey visitor in northrop, ny - don't blame your wife for the vent tabs breaking. i have an '04 mdx and all vent tabs on front dash (driver side, center console and passenger side) have broken on numerous occasions. each time they are replaced at the dealer i've been told this particular part breaks all the time - even been told by one service rep that it's a "design defect". It's a real hassle as we live in the mountains in a rural area, closest Acura dealer is 3 hours away. It's an awful design and a real pain when they keep breaking. not to mention the cost each time. i have 114K miles on the car and the tabs started breaking periodically at around 20K miles - we've had the same problem ever since. We don't have kids and they've broken off when both my husband and I have been using the car. The service at the dealer has been less than stellar - and I've had to contact the corporate acura office. Initially the replacements were under warranty but once we hit 50K miles we had to start paying even though it's been a recurring problem that started while the car was under warranty.
    Visitor, Arlington, TN, September 05, 2011 17:18
    I am driving a 2007 MDX with 102,000 miles on it. I went out to start the car. When I turned the key to position 3 all lights; dash, inside, headlights; radio, navigation, etc. started to flash rapidly and the car would not turnover. Also, after turning the key to the off position, things kept happening with the nav system searching and the steering wheel moving into the "rest' position withiut shutting down. My first thought was that the battry was bad so I tried jumping it off. No such luck. I then thought that I would try rebooting the computer by removing the positive lead from the battry, and replacing it after a couple of minutes. I locked the car before removing the cable so that the alarm system would be on when I enacted the reboot. After reinstalling the positive cable, the car started. I am still not sure what caused the condition, or why the reboot worked, but the car has been starting and running OK since the reboot. I have since learned that I rebooted the Body Control Module (Control Module #1??) which often has problems with getting corrupted --- somehow? Since all of this has happened over a holiday weekend, I have not been able to discuss the problem with a service person. I will make this happen as soon as I can. I am still uneasy when I am about to start the car, and am concerned that something might happen while I am driving. At least I now know about rebooting.
    Visitor, Northport, NY, April 30, 2011 20:04
    2003 model. At 140K miles now. I can not say enough good things about this car. Such a solid invesment, such good engineering. People's jaws drop when tell them the milege. Perfect for long family trips, and with a Tule on top, you can really haul! I hardly know what is under the hood. I do not recall any serious issues. Regular maintenance. Accelaeration is not very impressive and there is some annoying delay. Maybe normal for a car this size with a 3.5 lt. Some problems with brake rotors but not sure if that was not due to the mechanic error. The vent guides broke early on, wife kept poking at them! The headphones were not of good quality. GPS, after all these years, still is the best out there in terms of ergonomics and clarity and ease of use while driving. My next car will be another Acura most likley.
  • 2002 Acura MDX
    Visitor, Monroe, NY, March 22, 2011 07:36
    Bought this car from Formula 1 Auto imports ( the worst dealer in NJ )car has trainy problems at 96k. and EGR valve
    JoeMar72, Plainfield, IL, December 06, 2010 10:20
    Bought used from the dealer with low mileage and a good price. It is now 6 yrs. old and has had just normal maintenance, except for tires and battery replacement. It has been reliable and utilitarian, albeit with lousy gasy mileage. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to any family as an excellent SUV. Major weakness is the sound system.
    Bill Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, SC, November 02, 2010 06:35
    I bought this MDX new and it has been a great car up until now. I have 103,000 miles on it and I have been getting a vibration/chatter at 38-48mph (torque converter?), air conditioning not blowing cold air, rear blower not working.....and a smell of gas or oil in the interior has recently developed. The nearest Acura dealer is 2 hours away. Any help here would be appreciated.
    Visitor, Chadds Ford, PA, October 18, 2010 06:56
    I have been very pleased with my Acura MDX 2007 the past three years until recently. I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the engine wouldn't start this past weekend. When I tried to turn on the ignition, their was a series of clicks. I tried jumping the car but that wouldn't start either. I had to call the Acura Roadside Assistance (they were very helpful) that was covered under 50,000miles. They had the car towed to the dealership to have a look. The dealership said the car worked fine and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. We did have this problem couple months prior to this, but at that time, the car started after jumping. I did look online for this problem and it seems like a common one for the MDX. Don't know what to think of it. Beware buyers!
  • 2008 Acura MDX
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, September 27, 2010 16:40
    Reliable. Spunky. Hugs. Attractive. Quiet. Safe. Resale. The ? Body integrity & suspension
    Visitor, Norfolk, VA, September 08, 2010 08:59
    Known Faulty Transmission Torque Converter on all models from 2001 - 2006. Only chose to service the 2005-2006 and screw all the others. Badf Car, Bad Company.
  • 2004 Acura MDX
    Visitor, Fairfield, CT, August 11, 2010 19:03
    I guess I got a lemon, because this is a TERRIBLE car! Since about 75K miles it has just continued to develop problem after problem after problem. Constantly in the shop every 5K miles or so for some new issue. I had a ford explorer before this Acura with almost 200k miles on it - never should have traded it in, NOTHING was ever wrong with it. This car has required EXPENSIVE repairs on mechanical problems that shouldn't be happening. New radiator, new starter, new transmission cable, new steering rack, new power steering fluid pump, new ac compressor and several sets of rotors and pads, even though the majority of miles are highway. I will never buy another Acura.
    kpsmith999, Fort Lauderdale, FL, July 13, 2010 09:28
    Great car except for the transmission (torque converter). Just picked up my 2005 MDX from dealer after replacing the torque converter. It appears that the vibration/grinding between 35-40 mph has now been eliminated. For background, I reported this problem in March 2009, a couple of months prior to the expiration of my warranty. The service tech stated that he/she could not reproduce the noise I was hearing. Over a year later, the noise was now continuous. I took the vehicle in and this time the service tech could hear the noise. I was told that the vehicle was out of warranty (45,000 miles, but over 60 months) and that it would cost $2,000 to $3,000 to fix the problem. I opened up a case file with Honda America. After several calls, I was offered a repair for $500. I continued to complain and mentioned that I had uncovered over 100 complaints for the exact same issue. The Honda rep. still would not budge on the $500 cost to me. Finally, I mentioned that I might pursue a "class action suit". He said he would speak to the district supervisor. Miraculously, he came back and said that Honda America could cover 100% of the repair. I would suggest that anyone battling this issue out with Honda America mention "class action suit". There attitude seems to change quite significantly! Good luck!
  • 2010 Acura MDX
    honam, Menlo Park, CA, May 10, 2010 17:44
    Just picked it up from dealer. I was going to just get another X5 but after reading a bunch of reviews which always seemed to rate MDX #1 in its class decided to test drive it. I was sold. Much better car then the X5 and better value overall. I would have bought it even if it were more expensive.
  • 2002 Acura MDX
    02acuramdx, Southfield, MI, December 30, 2009 21:23
    Love this car, I will keep it till it runs into the ground
  • 2006 Acura MDX
    El Charro, Dallas, TX, August 08, 2009 07:51
    Purchased this car used. I've added about 10,000 miles so far and no problems. Everything very smooth and works fine. DVD player, XM, navigation, bluetooth, has tons of great technology.
    slineaudi, Greensburg, PA, July 07, 2009 14:25
    Great ride, power, comfort and with decent fuel efficiency if driven gently.
    Ftlboys2, Fort Lauderdale, FL, July 04, 2009 14:17
    I bought the 2007 MDX in March 2007. Overall the car has been excellent and I am extremely pleased with its performance. It definitely outshines the competition. I have 2 concerns that most people might find silly, but being extremely detailed about taking care of my cars and turning them in practically new after 8-10 years, I believe that the leather in this model is way too soft. It scratches easily and therefore doesn't hold up well to general wear and tear. My drivers seat after just 2 years looks worse then the leather on my last car when I sold it after 8.5 years. I also had a couple of minor issues with the plastic pieces lining the rear inside window and on the side of the passenger dash. They did not fit right and not typical for Honda/Acura. But I complained and the dealer promptly replaced them. I have noticed that someother people don't complain and it appears to be an issue with this model. I also clean and detail my own car (noone else would do it with a toothbrush). Since the vehicle is so wide, and I don't want to have to get a ladder everytime I need to wash my car, I highly recommend you purchase a side step and roof rack to grab onto. Otherwise you can't reach the middle of the top of the roof. I have had no engine/mechanical problems.
    dudley_2, Meridian, ID, April 13, 2009 09:28
    We bought this car new and it now is at about 99,000 miles. It has been serviced at the dealer most of the time except for some oil changes. We had a rear blower power unit fail under warranty, a right side inside fuse box issue that was replaced, after warranty and the a/c compressor has started making noises, but we haven't replaced it yet. Otherwise, the car drives and feels solid. I replaced the brakes and rotors with the new EBC yellow pads and was verrrry impressed. This is the way to go. The car still looks and drives like new. The paint and the interior are still perfect except for parking lot dents and dings.
    Mermaid, Virginia Beach, VA, January 18, 2009 04:15
    1 biggie: 77K the transmission locked up. Lucky me..I had purchased 100K warranty. It was replaced and is running great again. Like promised, EGR valve failed-but for some reason, every car I have owned I have had to replace an egr valve! The motor mounts mysteriously loosened!! Husband said it was my driving!! All in all 8 years old it has been and continues to be a relatively repair free car. Powerful and the rear is larger than most any luxury suv. Quite comfortable ride. When check engine light comes on it also lights up the VTM-4 (4wheel drive) light..this scared the hell out of me the first time.