Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- What causes the rear to sit up and have that hard ride
- why wont air come from center vents when directed by the push buttons on climate
- Rear night lights will not come on when light switch is turned on.
- Rear has a very hard bounce. Can I change the air ride susp to regular shocks?
- Temperature gage stopped working what could cause this.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
Head light do work when turned on, just the rear light are off
Car has a hard bounce in the rear. Feels like a lowrider at times.
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Reviews
I own the fabled 500sel w140, it is a smooth ride!
My 1992 SEL 500 is a fantastic car rides and handles super nice.. Gas milige is terible.. but still love my car..I want to put it in storage.. toylex you just cant beat mercedez! so stop trying.