Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- hood latch is broken from the inside what the best way to get it open
- Temperature gage stopped working what could cause this.
- New battery and now I cannot lock or unlock my car with the key. what do I do?
- having problems with ac fan blower. is there a way to troubleshoot the problem
- WHY IS COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL?
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!
air condition works great, when the hot car is parked shortly, I get heat in 2 side air registers mixing with the cold air. when it happens I shut down the 2 registers and divert the cold air to the center registers by switching on the extra air blower.
The back seat air condition duct delivers ...
I am not sure what happened it went in as it wouldn't go into reverse any more then I get it back & it wouldn't go into Drive or reverse it is a rather expensive repair I paid for the repair & like I said I got it back & the problem got worse should I have to pay for it agai...