Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Rear night lights will not come on when light switch is turned on.
- Rear has a very hard bounce. Can I change the air ride susp to regular shocks?
- Temperature gage stopped working what could cause this.
- New battery and now I cannot lock or unlock my car with the key. what do I do?
- having problems with ac fan blower. is there a way to troubleshoot the problem
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
Head light do work when turned on, just the rear light are off
Car has a hard bounce in the rear. Feels like a lowrider at times.
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!