1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Rear night lights will not come on when light switch is turned on.
- Temperature gage stopped working what could cause this.
- having problems with ac fan blower. is there a way to troubleshoot the problem
- WHY IS COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL?
- Im having a lot of costly repairs to my Tranie is that a recall issue?
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
Head light do work when turned on, just the rear light are off
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!
I am not sure what happened it went in as it wouldn't go into reverse any more then I get it back & it wouldn't go into Drive or reverse it is a rather expensive repair I paid for the repair & like I said I got it back & the problem got worse should I have to pay for it again ...
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Reviews
I own the fabled 500sel w140, it is a smooth ride!
My 1992 SEL 500 is a fantastic car rides and handles super nice.. Gas milige is terible.. but still love my car..I want to put it in storage.. toylex you just cant beat mercedez! so stop trying.