1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!
I am not sure what happened it went in as it wouldn't go into reverse any more then I get it back & it wouldn't go into Drive or reverse it is a rather expensive repair I paid for the repair & like I said I got it back & the problem got worse should I have to pay for it again ...
Car starts and runs but it runs rough and then it cuts off in less than a min. getting fuel and fire just fishing here for some help