1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Rear has a very hard bounce. Can I change the air ride susp to regular shocks?
- how to change out the turn and wiper switch wipers work every now and then, some
- why wont air come from center vents when directed by the push buttons on climate
- New battery and now I cannot lock or unlock my car with the key. what do I do?
- How do I block or bypass hot water to the cabin coils
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
Car has a hard bounce in the rear. Feels like a lowrider at times.
time they work but most of the time not.
air condition works great, when the hot car is parked shortly, I get heat in 2 side air registers mixing with the cold air. when it happens I shut down the 2 registers and divert the cold air to the center registers by switching on the extra air blower.
The back seat air condition duct delivers ...