Mercedes-Benz 300CE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300CE
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Worn seat springs/padding may cause lean or sag
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz 300CE Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
Mercedes-Benz 300CE Questions
Dash light for exterior light comes on when lights are on...yes the right side light is much dimmer than the left..stays on also in high beams as well as low beam...This problem just started
the brown strip of plastic across the front that peels off with time
vehicle has a hard or no shift from 1st to 2nd when cold but will shift normal once warmed up
Mercedes-Benz 300CE Reviews
great car this is when they made a real Mercedes Benz
I'm a proud owner of a 300CE and I love it! I recently purchased the car and the more I drive it, the more I become attached to it. For a 1993 it's in excellent condition and its still running great 19 years latter. When I drive this car I feel noticed by everyone with its black exterior and stunning looks it really is intimidating. Overall, The 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300CE is a very solid car that...
ITS 2014 I JUST BOUGHT THE 300CE FROM STAMFORD CT, LIVE IN COOPERSTOWN NY IN SUMMER AND JUST BEFORE COMING TO FLORIDA BOUGHT THE CAR WITH ABOUT 114K ON HER, JUST BEAT THE WINTER AND DROVE THE CAR TO FLORIDA, AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 1000 MILES ON IT IN NEW YORK. I KNEW THE CAR LEAKED OIL, LOOKED LIKE THE TIMING BELT MIGHT HAVE BEEN DONE, AND IT DOES LOOSE OIL, REALLY HAVEN'T SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON ...