1991 Mercedes-Benz 300CE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Worn seat springs/padding may cause lean or sag
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300CE Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300CE Questions
the brown strip of plastic across the front that peels off with time
THE DEPARTURE IS FAILING, IT IS LONG TO DIFFUSE! THE SLOW MARCH IS OSCILLATING! THE TIMES WORKS WITH 800 TO 900 RPM BUT IT OSCILLATES! ALSO REMAIN FOR 1000 UP TO 1500 RPM! THE MOTOR IS ACCELERATED! THE ACCELERATOR COILS!
when it does eventually start it runs well when i turn the key the starter turns over but the car wont start