BMW Z3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW Z3
- I have an intermittent loud buzzing sound coming from under the dash board
- Transmission light on.
- I bought my car brand new. It used to be so tight in the handling, now I have
- Stopping and going around town I overheat,on the hwy I'm fine. I replaced
- on a 99 z3 is the speedometer controlled by the left rear speed sensor?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW Z3 Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the radiator to develop a coolant leak. A leaking radiator will require replacement. When a leaking radiator is replaced the entire cooling system should be inspected and if any additional leaks are found they should be repaired also.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
BMW Z3 Questions
125,000 miles on her and her steering has a lot more play in it. When I come to a stop it doesn't feel tight anymore. I've noticed this on other used cars too. How can I tighten my front end up?
Radiator and thermostat 1 yr ago! What could this be?
This occurs irregularly
BMW Z3 Recalls
BMW Z3 Reviews
Overall great vehicle. I purchased new and have over 203,000 miles on vehicle. All maintenance done on time as suggested. Only recurring problems are with a/c, I am on my 3rd one. First one obtained a hole after I hit a bird that bounced up off the road, obviously my fault, but second one at a cost of $1,300 was defective and now the third one after not quite two years is not working eiher....
Mine is a 2.5 Roadster with automatic transmission. I have had it for 6 months. It had 81,000 miles on it when i purchased it 6 months ago. If the top leaks at all then be sure to replace it as that cost is cheaper than the sensors that are under the carpet and if they get wet and go bad then the cost can ruin your day. With a 6 cylinder engine under the hood mine gets up and goes when I ask it...
We bought our 2001 Z3 used from an auto recovery dealer. It had a new windshield, new brakes, new tires, new battery, new belts and hoses, ect, all done by The German Repair Shoppe in Denver. What a great little car! Ours is silver with a black rag top, and is in great shape. It was a one owner vehicle until we bought it in 2011. We have enjoyed it so much, and when we drive into the mountains ...