1998 BMW Z3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW Z3
- How many serpentine belts does my car have and what is cost for replacement.
- Rear passenger tire tilts inward. Makes a noise like shuffling a deck of cards
- Why is my Driver Side Mirror always very hot? Even in the summer.
- I have a 1998 bmw z3 2.8 and it will not crank
- the temperature gage on my m roadster is going from normal toward hot and back
1998 BMW Z3 Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
I noticed when driving home from S.C. where I purchased my car the seat would move a quarter of an inch when braking. I have read before that they are problems with these rails. I have not found a recall. I guess I will replace them myself. Just saying.
1998 BMW Z3 Questions
I have a 98, 70,000 mi, time for serpentine belt change.. I had one dealer tell me they would change "both" for $240.. Another dealer says they think there are three... I had another repair shop quote me $800.00. Frustrating.
Makes the "card shuffling noise" when I make a right hand turn. No noise when driving straight or turning left. Car does not "bounce" or make noises when I push down on the rear. Lug nuts seem secure. Tire/wheel noticeably tilts inward at the top. No "wobble" detect...
sometimes it will crank and start in nuetral and some times not at all,,,