2001 BMW Z3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW Z3
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 990-1110 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 BMW Z3 Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the radiator to develop a coolant leak. A leaking radiator will require replacement. When a leaking radiator is replaced the entire cooling system should be inspected and if any additional leaks are found they should be repaired also.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2001 BMW Z3 Questions
I have a 2001 BMW M roadster that has only 14000 miles that I bought about 2 months ago. It was only driven about 600 miles in the past 3 years. On a couple of occasions when I have put heavy use on the clutch, ie rapid acceleration from a stop and accidentally upshifting into fifth instead of th...
I have a 2001 BMW Z3 with 30,000 miles on it. I took the car to a BMW dealership and they ran a diagnostic test on it and found it to have 3 issues:
- Valve Gasket Leak (said needs replacement)
- Thermostat Replacement (t-stat, coolant & bleeder screw jams at times.)
- Brake Light Switc...
I have a 2001 z3 with a 5-speed manual tranny and a 3.0 efi engine,my ? is I have a filler unit next to the oil filter which states ATF oil only,and I need to add some,what kind of ATF can I use?
2001 BMW Z3 Reviews
We bought our 2001 Z3 used from an auto recovery dealer. It had a new windshield, new brakes, new tires, new battery, new belts and hoses, ect, all done by The German Repair Shoppe in Denver. What a great little car! Ours is silver with a black rag top, and is in great shape. It was a one owner vehicle until we bought it in 2011. We have enjoyed it so much, and when we drive into the mountains ...
love this car, steel grey metalic. very sweet looking, driver seat leather worn a little. not too practical for my husband since knee replacement, now have grandchildren, so need more room.
Bought the car used in 2005 with 39000 miles. Read the owners manual and stayed with that maintenance program. Now have 62000 on it. I love the car it's a 3 liter Roadster & will perform when you ask it.