Question Answered: clicking sounds when making turns.
August 05, 2009, 01:35 PM
I have a 2002 S80 T6, this was the same issue I was experiencing. You need to inspect your front suspension components, it could be one of this components (end links, ball joints, and or your strut upper mount spring seat) or maybe all. I have 120K and mine were all worn out and they all had to be replaced. Physical signs are broken seal bushing, expose ball joints, upper mount seat bearing separated from the pad.
You might be able to save parts cost buying them from the Internet and have a mechanic that does work on Volvo's install them to save labor cost. Volvo dealers wanted more than a mortgage payment to replace them all. I was able to save hundreds doing it this way.
IPDUSA is one of the source I use to buy replacement parts and they are very reasonable but don't take my word, check around and Google Volvo Parts.
Car Review: 2002 Volvo S80
August 05, 2009, 02:16 PM
'02 S80 T6 purchase new and only owner, I now have 120K on the car.
1) Leather interior driver seat and hand break boot quality is average.
2) Brakes excellent other than normal wear.
3) Drive Train, average. ocassional program patch to enhance shifting.
4) Electrical/ Lights, brake lights always reporting bulb failure. Bad contact.
5) Engine, T6 is powerful but have ocassional top engine mount replace.
7) heating/ AIr, fan noise had to be replaced
8) Suspension/Steering, front suspension components have to be replace. Control arm, strut upper mount seat, end links, and ball joints.